Since I’m approaching my 150th post on this site, I wanted to recap some of the lessons I've learned from the experiences of others pursuing their business startups. I’ve picked eighteen of my favorites so far:
- domystuff.com: If there’s a chore you hate doing, maybe there are others who don’t like to do it either.
- Horizon Software: you can overcome any difficulty in life and find success
- Retire Early Lifestyle: you don’t need a lot of money to retire early, if you are willing to travel and live frugally.
- 3 Amigos Tequila: it takes a strong work ethic and patience to be successful
- Lice Squad: there’s money to be made in providing a service many others don’t like to do
- Sprinkles Cupcakes: getting a celebrity to endorse you pays off royally, especially if it’s Katie Holmes.
- Vala’s pumpkin patch: if you think outside the box, you can use your college degree in non-traditional ways and be successful.
- Life is Good: By looking at things you see everyday in a different way, you may find a business idea that will someday make you rich.
- Jibbitz: all it could take is one year to make millions
- Famous Dave’s: it could take many years and lots of failures to make millions
- Home Tenders of America: there are ways to make money in a down real estate market
- Inn at Little Washington: attention to detail is very important
- myyearbook.com: teenagers can make a lot of money
- Stumbleupon: you can start a million dollar business out of your living room
- Berkshire Hathaway: honesty and integrity are what it’s all about
- Coffin Couches: you can turn a hobby into a business
- James Arthur Vineyards: you can grow wine in the Midwest
- SitterCity: if you can’t find an investor, invest your own money
If you liked this post, please share the love and Stumble it!